Published by Jeremy. Last Updated on July 26, 2023.
Disclaimer: Our site uses demographic data, email opt-ins, display advertising, and affiliate links. Please check out our Terms and Conditions. Pricing, operating hours, or menus may have changed since our initial visit and may not be reflected in subsequent updates. Please confirm these directly with any business or attraction prior to visiting.
Pittsburgh has 90 neighborhoods, and each one of them brings its own unique character, history, and businesses to the city.
As it is our mission to do everything in Pittsburgh and southwest Pennsylvania, we've explored nearly all of the Pittsburgh neighborhoods quite thoroughly over the years. As such, we've begun publishing guides to some of the most popular neighborhoods in the city.
In this one, we wanted to share all of the neighborhood guides we've published to date so you can find them all in one easily accessible place. Likewise, all neighborhood guides are also linked in our navigation menu at the top of all of our pages as well.
Please note: We are still in the process of publishing neighborhood guides and hope to have most neighborhoods featured here shortly. Some are combined into a single guide (such as the three Lawrencevilles in our singular Lawrenceville guide) and others are primarily residential such that they may get lumped into other guides outright (Duquesne Heights can be found in our Mount Washington guide). These are highlighted below.
- Downtown Pittsburgh Neighborhood Guide – Consisting of the Central Business District.
- Mount Washington Neighborhood Guide – Consisting of Mount Washington and Duquesne Heights
- North Side Neighborhood Guide – Consisting of the North Shore, Chateau, Manchester, California-Kirkbride, Allegheny Center, Central Northside, and East Allegheny
- Strip District Neighborhood Guide
- Squirrel Hill Neighborhood Guide – Consisting of Squirrel Hill North and Squirrel Hill South.
- Oakland Neighborhood Guide – Consisting of West Oakland, North Oakland, Central Oakland, and South Oakland.
- Lawrenceville Neighborhood Guide – Consisting of Lower, Central, and Upper Lawrenceville.
- East Liberty Neighborhood Guide
- Shadyside Neighborhood Guide
- Bloomfield Neighborhood Guide
- Garfield and Friendship Neighborhood Guide