Discover the Burgh is Pittsburgh's premier local blog, focused on sharing the best attractions, restaurants, and activities to do in Pittsburgh and southwestern Pennsylvania for both visitors and locals alike.
Our articles are review-based and follow our own experiences visiting businesses and attractions in the greater Pittsburgh region.
Our site currently receives over 100,000 monthly page views, has over 120,000 fans on social media, has about 5,800 active newsletter subscribers, and generates over hundreds of thousands of impressions on social media every month.
As approximately 80% of our audience is located within driving distance of Pittsburgh, you can be certain your brand will reach readers who are capable of visiting your business in the immediate future!
- For our 2018 media kit (updated October 2018), please click here.
Invite Us Out for a Review
We offer reviews on Discover the Burgh for restaurants, bars, breweries, attractions, events, experiences, and hotels in the greater Pittsburgh region.
If you would like to have us out for a feature during regular business hours or for a media event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide further coverage details.
For promotional style articles that are not in review format (such as announcements of services or other custom promotions), we are happy to put together an advertisement quote based on our options below.
Advertising Packages Available
If you would like coverage beyond our above reviews we would be able to put together a custom advertisement package. Our advertising packages include custom articles, CPM advertising, features in our newsletter, social media placements, contests, and many more.
Our advertising services on Discover the Burgh currently include the following:
- Graphical Advertising – Graphical advertising to display your business or promotion on all articles on our site.
- Placements are displayed on our sidebar and/or inside posts.
- Ads are hosted, delivered, and invoiced through our media network, Mediavine. To purchase ad space on Discover the Burgh via Mediavine, click here.
- We are unable to host graphical advertising outside of our media network.
- Social Media Promotion – Promotion to our community on social media with a dedicated ad budget.
- Hosted Reviews – Dedicated article reviews of your attraction or business.
- Newsletter Sponsors – Features or coupon specials in our weekly newsletter. Placements available in monthly increments (4-5 newsletters per month) and/or one-time sends.
- Map Placements – Inclusion in our Pittsburgh Attraction Map which is viewed hundreds of thousands of time per year.
- Event Sponsorship and Promotions – Host an event at your business marketed exclusive to Discover the Burgh readers or offer an exclusive discount to readers to increase your attendance!
- In a recent event Discover the Burgh accounted for 10% of all ticket sales by promoting a 20% off coupon code.
- Sponsored Contests – Hosted prizes for brand awareness and newsletter subscriptions.
We are able to offer advertising based on monthly, flat rate, and affiliate models. Offering varies based on advertisement package.
To inquire about any of the above advertising packages, to discuss how we may be able to work together to promote your business in the future, or to learn about our features with our partnered bloggers within the region, please contact email@example.com.
Area of Coverage for Local Promotions
At this time, Discover the Burgh only publishes content from within the greater Pittsburgh region (southwestern PA).
As such, we are limiting our coverage to the following counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Lawrence, Somerset, Washington, and Westmoreland. (More or less anywhere within the above map.)
For advertising features beyond these counties, we are able to offer two options:
- Graphical Advertising (as noted above).
- Features on our sister site, Living the Dream, an international travel blog that receives 90,000 monthly page views and has over 65,000 followers on social media.
- In select cases, we can link to this content in our Pittsburgh weekend trips guide as well for cross-promotion!
For all other advertising in Pennsylvania, we recommend reaching out to our colleagues at UncoveringPA who cover the entire state of Pennsylvania. Tell them Discover the Burgh sent you!
Note: We are able to feature custom campaigns by international brands not directly related to Pittsburgh on a case-by-case basis if highly relevant.
If you would like to discuss promotion opportunities further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.