Discover the Burgh is Pittsburgh's premier local blog, focused on sharing the best attractions, restaurants, and activities to do in Pittsburgh and southwestern Pennsylvania for both visitors and locals alike.
Our articles are review-based and follow our own experiences visiting businesses and attractions in the greater Pittsburgh region.
Our site currently receives over 100,000 monthly page views, has over 120,000 fans on social media, has approximately 9,000 newsletter subscribers, and generates over 1,000,000 impressions on social media every month.
As approximately 80% of our audience is located within driving distance of Pittsburgh, you can be certain your brand will reach readers who are capable of visiting your business in the immediate future!
- For our media kit, please click here.
We offer complimentary reviews on Discover the Burgh for restaurants, bars, breweries, attractions, events, experiences, and hotels in the greater Pittsburgh region.
If you would like to have us out during regular business hours or for a media event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide further coverage details.
Please note that we are a review-oriented site. For custom pieces beyond reviews, including preview promotions, we are happy to put together an advertisement package as outlined below.
Advertising Packages Available
If you would like coverage beyond our complimentary reviews we would be able to put together a custom advertisement package. Our advertising packages include custom articles, CPM advertising, features in our newsletter, social media placements, contests, and many more.
If the below advertising packages do not meet your current needs, we would be happy to discuss your advertising goals and how Discover the Burgh may be able to promote your business or services to our readers in the future.
Our advertising services on Discover the Burgh currently include the following:
- Graphical Advertising – Graphical advertising to display your business or promotion on all articles on our site.
- Placements are displayed on our sidebar and/or inside posts.
- Ads are hosted, delivered, and invoiced through our media network, Mediavine. To purchase ad space on Discover the Burgh via Mediavine, click here.
- We are unable to host graphical advertising outside of our media network.
- Social Media Promotion – Promotion to our community on social media with a dedicated ad budget.
- Hosted Reviews – Dedicated article reviews of your attraction or business.
- Newsletter Sponsors – Features or coupon specials in our weekly newsletter. Placements available in monthly increments (4-5 newsletters per month) and/or one-time sends.
- Map Placements – Inclusion in our Pittsburgh Attraction Map which is viewed hundreds of thousands of time per year.
- Event Sponsorship and Promotions – Host an event at your business marketed exclusive to Discover the Burgh readers or offer an exclusive discount to readers to increase your attendance!
- In a recent event Discover the Burgh accounted for 10% of all ticket sales by promoting a 20% off coupon code.
- Sponsored Contests – Hosted prizes for brand awareness and newsletter subscriptions.
We are able to offer advertising based on monthly, flat rate, and affiliate models. Offering varies based on advertisement package.
To inquire about any of the above advertising packages, to discuss how we may be able to work together to promote your business in the future, or to learn about our features with our partnered bloggers within the region, please contact email@example.com.
We are also available to provide services outside of Discover the Burgh, including the following:
- Business or Residential Photography – We will travel within 30 miles of downtown Pittsburgh for a set photography session and deliver a batch of polished photos for your use.
- Website Management and Social Media – Consultations to improve web marketing via website design, SEO, and social media management.
- Image Licensing – Looking to feature photos of Pittsburgh on your website or in print? Our photography database is available for licensing!
- Freelance Writing – Are you in need of writers for your magazine or website? We are available to write articles on the topics of blogging, social media, photography, global travel, and Pittsburgh (of course!).
- Speaking Appearances – Available for speaking appearances on the above topics as well!
For any freelance opportunities, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Area of Coverage for Local Promotions
At this time, Discover the Burgh only publishes content from within the greater Pittsburgh region (southwestern PA).
As such, we are limiting our coverage to the following counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Lawrence, Somerset, Washington, and Westmoreland. (More or less anywhere within the above map.)
For advertising features beyond these counties, we are able to offer two options:
- Graphical Advertising (as noted above).
- Features on our sister site, Living the Dream, an international travel blog that receives 70,000+ monthly page views and has over 65,000 followers on social media.
- In select cases, we can link to this content in our Pittsburgh weekend trips guide as well for cross-promotion!
For all other advertising in Pennsylvania, we recommend reaching out to our colleagues at UncoveringPA who cover the entire state of Pennsylvania. Tell them Discover the Burgh sent you!
Note: We are able to feature custom campaigns by international brands not directly related to Pittsburgh on a case-by-case basis if highly relevant.
Why should you advertise on Discover the Burgh? Not only are we focused on bringing the best content out there from the city of Pittsburgh, we're also media professionals and have been blogging professionally for over nine years!
We've been blogging professionally since 2008 at our award winning global travel blog, Living the Dream, where we have featured content from over 100 countries on all seven continents. We are experienced in WordPress CMS, Web Programming (HTML, CSS, and Visual Basic), SEO, Photography, Social Media Management, and B2C marketing.
In addition, Jeremy is a member of the Professional Travel Bloggers Association, was a hosted blogger at the association's inaugural conference TBC Asia in Sri Lanka in 2014, and was a hosted speaker at the travel blogger's conference TBEX North America in Cancun, Mexico, in 2014 (presenting on social media for beginners) and again at 2017 in Huntsville, AL, in May 2017 (presentation on the topic of local blogging with Uncovering PA).
Together Jeremy and Angie have been awarded the title of Top 10 Travel Couples by USA Today's 10Best, partnered with many global brands and tourist boards, cited in major news outlets including the NY Times and the Huffington Post, hosted on several international press and FAM trips, and have coordinated countless social media and web based campaigns over the years.
We are looking forward to being able to provide our skills and marketing services to the Pittsburgh community that we call home!
If you would like to discuss promotion opportunities further, please email email@example.com.