Discover the Burgh is Pittsburgh’s premier local travel blog, focused on sharing the best attractions, restaurants, and activities to do in Pittsburgh and southwestern Pennsylvania for both visitors and locals alike. Our articles are review-based and focus on our own experiences visiting businesses and attractions in the Pittsburgh region.
Our site currently generates over 100,000 monthly page views and generates over 1,000,000 monthly impressions on social media. As approximately 80% of our audience is located within driving distance of Pittsburgh, you can be certain your brand will reach readers who are capable of visiting your business in the immediate future!
Our advertising packages include custom articles, CPM advertising, features in our newsletter, social media placements, contests, and many more.
If the below advertising packages do not meet your current needs, we would be happy to discuss your advertising goals and how Discover the Burgh may be able to promote your business or services to our readers in the future.
Please note that we are a review-oriented site and do not rewrite press releases as brand coverage as other local websites and magazines do. For custom promotional pieces beyond reviews, we are happy to put together an advertisement package as outlined below.
Discover the Burgh’s Current Readership
Our current readership includes the following:
- Monthly Pageviews: 100,000+
- Monthly Social Impressions: 1,000,000
- Newsletter Subscribers: 8,700
- Social Media Fans: ~110,000
- Reader Locations:
- Over 50% of our readers live within the Pittsburgh metropolitan area.
- An additional 20% live in the state of Pennsylvania.
- An additional 10% reside within bordering states within driving distance.
In June 2016 we conducted a reader survey to connect with our readers and get their opinion on how we are doing in running our site. Click here to download the results!
Advertising Packages Available
Our advertising services on Discover the Burgh currently include the following:
- Graphical Advertising – Graphical advertising to display your business or promotion on all articles on our site.
- Placements are displayed on our sidebar and/or inside posts.
- Ads are hosted, delivered, and invoiced through our media network, Mediavine. To purchase ad space on Discover the Burgh via Mediavine, click here.
- We are unable to host graphical advertising outside of our media network.
- Social Media Promotion – Promotion to our community of over 100,000 on social media with a dedicated ad budget.
- Hosted Reviews – Dedicated article reviews of your attraction or business.
- Newsletter Sponsors – Features or coupon specials in our weekly newsletter. Placements available in monthly increments (4-5 newsletters per month) and/or one-time sends.
- Map Placements – Inclusion in our Pittsburgh Attraction Map which is viewed hundreds of thousands of time per year.
- Event Sponsorship and Promotions – Host an event at your business marketed exclusive to Discover the Burgh readers or offer an exclusive discount to readers to increase your attendance!
- In a recent event Discover the Burgh accounted for 10% of all ticket sales by promoting a 20% off coupon code.
- Sponsored Contests – Hosted prizes for brand awareness and newsletter subscriptions.
We are able to offer advertising based on monthly, flat rate, and affiliate models. Offering varies based on advertisement package.
To inquire about any of the above advertising packages, to discuss how we may be able to work together to promote your business in the future, or to learn about our features with our partnered bloggers within the region, please contact email@example.com.
Area of Coverage for Local Promotions
At this time, Discover the Burgh only publishes content from within the greater Pittsburgh region (southwestern PA).
As such, we are limiting our coverage to the following counties: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Lawrence, Somerset, Washington, and Westmoreland. (More or less anywhere within the above map.)
For advertising features beyond these counties, we are able to offer two options:
- Graphical Advertising (as noted above).
- Features on our sister site, Living the Dream, an international travel blog that receives 50,000+ monthly page views and has over 60,000 followers on social media.
- In select cases, we can link to this content in our Pittsburgh weekend trips guide as well for cross-promotion!
For all other advertising in Pennsylvania, we recommend reaching out to our colleagues at UncoveringPA who cover the entire state of Pennsylvania. Tell them Discover the Burgh sent you!
Note: We are able to feature custom campaigns by international brands not directly related to Pittsburgh on a case-by-case basis if highly relevant.
Why should you advertise on Discover the Burgh? Not only are we focused on bringing the best content out there from the city of Pittsburgh, we’re also media professionals and have been blogging professionally for over nine years!
Jeremy has been blogging professionally since 2008 at his award winning global travel blog, Living the Dream, where he has visited 69 countries on five continents. He is experienced in WordPress CMS, Web Programming (HTML, CSS, and Visual Basic), SEO, Photography, Social Media Management, B2C marketing, and manages a team of paid staff authors.
Jeremy is a member of the Professional Travel Bloggers Association, was a hosted blogger at the association’s inaugural conference TBC Asia in Sri Lanka in 2014, published multiple modules for the premier online training course Travel Blog Success, and was a hosted speaker at the travel blogger’s conference TBEX North America in Cancun, Mexico, in 2014 (presenting on social media for beginners) and again at 2017 in Huntsville, AL, in May 2017 (presentation on the topic of local blogging with Uncovering PA).
Angie joined the Living the Dream team in 2009 as a staff writer and has visited over 50 countries on five continents. She is experienced in photography, social media management, and B2C marketing with a focus on restaurants and culinary arts.
Together Jeremy and Angie have been awarded the title of Top 10 Travel Couples by USA Today’s 10Best, partnered with many global brands and tourist boards (a selection listed here), cited in major news outlets including the NY Times and the Huffington Post, hosted on several international press and FAM trips, and have coordinated countless social media and web based campaigns over the years.
We are looking forward to being able to provide our skills and marketing services to the Pittsburgh community that we call home!
To hire us for external marketing services, including photography, web assistance, SEO, and social media management, click here. If you would like to discuss promotion opportunities further, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.